Create and print your free Child Travel Consent in under 5 minutes

Create your Child Travel Consent Form


Child Information

(e.g. Dorothy Marie Grace Gale)
Include country if not U.S. (e.g. "Butterfield, Kansas")

Parental Travel Information

Traveling Parent/Guardian Passport Information
(e.g. Moscow, Russia)
Information of Traveling Parent/Guardian
(e.g. John Adam Smith)
Information of Non-Traveling Parent/Guardian
(e.g. John Adam Smith)
Frequently Asked Questions

Who should sign the travel consent?It is rare that one parent will be given the sole power of decision making to the exclusion of the other parent. "Sole custody" means that only one parent/guardian has the right to make decisions affecting the child (e.g. schooling, health care, etc.). "Joint custody" means that both parents have the right to participate in making these kinds of decisions. Parents may have joint custody even if the child resides with only one parent.

In other words, every person who has a legal right to make decision on behalf of the child has to sign the travel consent, if that person will not be traveling with the child.
What if the parent's name is different than the child's name?If a parent’s last name is different from the child’s last name, proof of the relationship may be required. It is strongly recommended that the child travel with original (or certified true copies) of marriage certificates, adoption documents, certificates of name change or any other document/certificate proving the parent/child relationship. This is recommended even if the child will be carrying a passport identifying the parent.

Travel Destination


Complete this sentence in the box below: "My child is traveling to ________________."

1. Yellowstone National Park, Montana for a camping trip from July 1 to 16, 2000.

2. Orlando, Florida for a trip to Disney World from June 15 to 24, 2010, and staying at the World Disney World Resort.

Signing Details


It is strongly recommended that the consent letter be notarized, especially for international travel, so that the authenticity of the letter will not be called into question.

Notary Public Signing: To be of full effect, this document should be sworn and signed before a Notary Public. Do bring government issued identification and the child's birth certificate. DO NOT sign this consent form before meeting with the Notary Public.

Witness Signing: It is possible that signing before a Witness instead of a Notary Public will be adequate. However, we recommend you check the current policy of your airlines and/or the countries you are traveling to before taking this approach.

Note: If there is a custody order or death certificate, the original or a certified true copy should travel with the child.
This document preview is formatted to fit your mobile device. The formatting will change when printed or viewed on a desktop computer.
Loading ...
Loading ...

Note: Your initial answers are saved automatically when you preview your document.
This screen can be used to save additional copies of your answers.