Certificate of Incumbency
- Q. What am I certifying and why?
- A. You are creating a certified list of all the signing officers, directors, and/or shareholders of your organization. Other organizations will want to know which individuals have authority to enter into agreements on behalf of the corporation and may require this list before doing business with your corporation.
- Q. What is the difference between a resolution and minutes?
- A. A resolution is a written document that describes the actions taken by the board of directors of a corporation. The minutes are a written document that describes actions taken and resolutions passed by the directors during a regular board meeting.
- Q. What is a Certified Corporate Resolution?
- A. A Certified Corporate Resolution is a resolution that has been verified by the Secretary of the meeting and approved by the President of the corporation.
- Q. Who is the Chairperson of a Meeting of the Board?
- A. The Chairperson of a board Meeting a director who has been elected by the board to preside over board meetings. In the absence of the Chairperson the Chief Executive Officer or President or in their absence a vice-president may preside over a meeting. In the absence of any of these persons another director can be chosen to preside over a meeting.